100 Word Challenge

This is my 100 word challenge. The prompt was …so, what lies ahead of…

Run. A blur of greens and browns passed me as I ran. Run. It was life or death, and we chose life. Run. I stopped, dead in my tracks. The puny sticks under my feet crunched under my weight. Lost in thought, I could hear a faint ‘keep running Esie,’ It got louder and louder, till I followed the instructions. Run. The light peeping in from the foliage above was limited, we had to get out of the forest before the darkness fell. So...what lies ahead of us? That’s a complicated question, the answer for which we know, and you to find out.

Comments

  1. What a captivating and intriguing story Shanan. You got me with the opening, single, brief word, and of course what it might suggest. I simply had to read on. From that point you use further narrative hooks which work in different ways, like the repetition of that opening injunction and telling the reader who the main character is in that subtle way through some other, unknown player. I really enjoyed the descriptive elements which helped me visualise the setting; I really enjoy having my imagination guided in that way.
    I'll be recommending this for the Showcase.
    Well done and keep rising to the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoyed it!
      - Shanan :)

      Delete
  2. The repetition was well structured with good description and a flow that hooks you in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very descriptive language and good use of words Shanan. I like the fact how it lacks a clear message, making the reader infer and think. Well Done Shanan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keyan! I'm happy you liked it!

      Delete
  4. I read it before. It good. Shop quality. On point. Nice Gary.

    Big Fletch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Word Challenge - 13 November