100 Word Challenge - 13 November

The prompt was
…but where would we hide it all?…


Heart hammering. Knees shaking. Hands trembling. I push my glasses back to perch on my nose. 'STEVEN, BACK TO THE GRIND NOW!' I hear a familiar booming voice ring through my ears. 'THE SNAKES ARE DEPENDING ON YOU!' Yes. A gang. Now, you wouldn't expect me, a nerdy individual to be in a gang. I don't even want to be in this darn gang. Stupid fathers and being an 'heir' to the 'throne'. 'STEVEN WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME!' Oops. Rattlesnake hands me a huge rucksack big enough to accommodate a body. Wait . . . a body? The suspense is killing me. Stupid 'no questions' rule. ‘But dad . . . . where would we hide it all?’

Comments

  1. Hi Shanan,
    This is brilliant piece of writing. I love how you've built up the suspense and given me enough information to get an idea of what's going on. For future reference, it's 'heir' to the throne: unless you were going for a pun that I didn't understand! The short sentences in this really build the tension and I sincerely hope one day the 100 word challenge lends itself to a sequel! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Word Challenge